E-Plus Mobilfunk GmbH, Duesseldorf, Germany
E-Plus Mobilfunk GmbH is a German mobile communications provider. From 2000 until October 1, 2014, the E-Plus Group was owned by the Dutch KPN Group before it became part of Telefónica Deutschland Holding. To date, E-Plus has been the third-largest mobile network operator in Germany, with some 25.5 million customers.
The company noticed that the users of their point-of-sales ("POS") system "Arsys" had to apply many workarounds just in order to get their job done. Each workaround had two effects negatively impacting the physical shop efficiency and revenue: a) a loss of precious working time required to figure out the details, and b) in a "crippled" process creating an big administrational overhead and an extended client request processing time at the shop frontdesk. Obviously nobody has talked to the shop people when originally planning and designing the system ("POS") - which I was hired for. A part of my job was also to help my full-time design colleagues to re-concept the system in a more user-friendly and business-efficient way.
- Point-of-sales system "Arsys"
- Planning, management and monitoring of cross-department projects
- Project management
- Selection of suitable evaluation methods and B2B customers (resellers) for qualitative test purposes
- Planning, conduction and analysis of strategic POS on-site process analysis using semi-structured user interviews to capture the realities and workarounds of actual sales processes in the physical store POS systems
- User Requirement concept creation - from sales strategy to user flow and reporting
- Organization, conduction and post-processing of Design Change Management Workshops with IT developers to incorporate the user requirements into the product
- Development of high-level digital POS sales strategy proposals for the optimization and expansion of real-world sales touchpoints for new and existing customers, taking economic, procedural and topic-specific conditions into account
- Keepingt tight deadlines
- Gathering on-site POS data without disturbing the ongoing daily sales activities
- Increased POS business efficiency and performance
- Lifted number of and reduced time required for new SIM card activations, especially on high-traffic days like Saturdays and before public bank holidays